In light of the ongoing COVID-19 health situation, we have decided to postpone Britain’s Best Loaf 2020.
The event will now take place on Monday 7th September 2020 at the Farm Shop and Deli show.
This year there are six categories for you to enter, including Gluten Free, Innovation, White and Wholegrain.
Following the huge interest in the sourdough category, we have split this into two – one for loaves made only with flour, and one made with additions such as seeds or vegetables.
- Plain Sourdough – A loaf made 100% by fermentation using naturally occurring lactobacillus and the capture of wild yeasts through a starter dough. May contain only flour, salt and water.
- Sourdough with other ingredients – Made 100% by fermentation using naturally occurring lactobacillus and the capture of wild yeasts through a starter dough. May contain flour, salt and water, plus additional ingredients such as nuts, seeds, vegetables and honey.
The winning loaf from each category will be in the running to take the ultimate accolade of Britain’s Best Loaf.
The entry process couldn’t be easier; all we ask for is the name and description of your loaf and two accompanying photos. So what you waiting for?
Entry Fee: £20 + VAT
Click here to use our handy step-by-step ‘how to enter’ guide
Why enter Britain’s Best Loaf ?
- Generate positive publicity locally and nationally and widen your customer base
- Free use of winner’s and highly commended logos
- Meet and network with fellow bakers and suppliers
- Enjoy coverage in British Baker magazine and website (britishbaker.co.uk)
- Reward the loyalty, skills and hard work of your team
- Showcase your exceptional bread to a wide audience
- Gain an independent, nationally recognised ‘badge of honour’ for your business